Good books to read when traveling long distances

Home Forums General Study Abroad Forum Good books to read when traveling long distances

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Say you have a 6 hour flight ahead. Which books are a good read as you travel?

photo credit: Phillip Kalantzis Cope Cabin Fever via photopin (license)

#2503 Reply
    Christina V.O.

I don’t usually read on flights, but when I do it’s either a new book or one I haven’t read for a while– usually fiction. I tried reading “The Screwtape Letters” on a flight before, but got bored. For myself, I need books that are more story and action-centered than narration and theory.

#2541 Reply
    Gabriel Pacana

I like Stieg Larsson’s Millennium Series (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, etc.). These are crime fiction/mystery novels. I like them because the plot starts off slow and then unfolds to reveal something sinister going on whether it the characters have to solve a disappearance within a prominent family or a triple murder. Its the kind of series where you just want to keep reading because you want to know what’s going to happen next. Good for on a plane, train or airport.

#2542 Reply
    Asia Hester

For some reason no matter what, I always fall asleep on airplanes so I do not get much reading done. However, I enjoy the nursery crime series by Jasper Fforde. The two books are called “The Big Over Easy” and “The Fourth Bear”. They are extremely bizarre and funny books about a detective, Jack Spratt, who solves wacky nursery crime cases. It has that British humor I enjoy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Good books to read when traveling long distances
Your information: