What accommodations do you prefer when you travel?

Home Forums General Study Abroad Forum What accommodations do you prefer when you travel?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tara Boeshore

Wherever you may travel to, the options of where you would like to stay are endless. There are hotels, hostels, apartments and so much more. Personally I love staying in hostels. They are such a unique experience and you are able to meet people from all over the world. I recently starting using airbnb and have loved that as well. What do you prefer?

#8315 Reply
    Evan Albrethsen

I love, when able, to stay with friends. Of course, that would entail having friends in your target country. It works out so well because they’ll know the best places to go, you’ll have people to do things with, and it’s FREE. Apart from that, I stick with hotels because they are generally in the heart of the city and you’ll be close to all the popular locations. Depending on the length of the stay, it might be costly. However you’ll have people at the hotel who can help guide you and give resources to find the best places to visit.

#8887 Reply
    Sharon

I stay in accommodations who are highly suggested by other tourists , previous reviews of accommodations are of high importance, make sure you check it out before decision.

#9587 Reply
    Libby You

I tend to use Airbnb, you can often find some really nice places in central locations for a good prices. It’s also really nice because your host is a local who wants to help make your trip great, so they’ll tend to give you lots of recommendations and tips. I also like to stay in hostels and guesthouses as they are a cheaper option and a way to meet others.

#9588 Reply
    Debora Aberastury
    Participant

I tend to stay at hostels when I travel, and do my best to find one the closest to the center of town as possible. Hostels, when chosen correctly, can be a great place to meet people, as well as great beacons of information. I can get a lot of advice about the city, find out about tours, great places to visit, etc. It really enhances my trip! I have stayed at hostels that actually organize their own mini-tours, and those are always great. It is also great when they have a kitchen so you can cook if you want to. I have yet to try Airbnb, but I might take a look at it the next time I’m abroad!

#10712 Reply
    Ebonie Ellison

Before traveling out of the country I have this idea in my mind of what kind of girl I am. The type of girl who backpacks through Europe splitting my time between sleeping on the couches of friendly strangers I’ve met or a hostel. She has a ponytail, you’ve seen this girl, she’s on t.v and in traveler magazines. And though this woman inspires so much adventure in me, i’d be lying if I said that I had not already booked my transportation and hotel in advance. I’m not that girl, If I can attain comfort and safety at a good price I most likely won’t sacrifice it. Although it is an experience and if you do it right you’ll have saved yourself a ton of money. If you don’t mind a little research you can use sites like couchsurfing, hospitality club and Global freeloaders to find a temporary stay at friendly strangers home for the night. Of course you stay safe and be smart try to go with someone if you can help it. You can stay in hostels and despite the name they’re pretty great if you don’t mind a shared space. There are even some newer hostels that have single rooms. Don’t let fear be your guide, it’s an opportunity and if you feel comfortable enough with your surroundings, take a chance. If you just can’t do it, the typical sites like kayak, price line and so on, should help you get the accommodations you’re looking for at a reasonable price.

#11268 Reply
    Sasha

I have almost always had really good luck with hostels. It’s a great way to meet people and socialize with other travelers. A lot of time hostels have group activities so you can meet people.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: What accommodations do you prefer when you travel?
Your information: