What are your favorite travel sites you use to book for hotels, flights, etc.?

Home Forums General Study Abroad Forum What are your favorite travel sites you use to book for hotels, flights, etc.?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kelsey Boeshore

I have spent hours upon hours upon hours the past few years researching the cheapest flights and hotels and everything travel related on dozens of different websites and have finally determined which are my go-tos. What are yours?

#2177 Reply
    Kelsey Boeshore

For hotels I love booking.com because of the options they give, the interface, the real reviews, and free-cancellation on most hotels (which comes very handy when you are traveling but don’t fully know your plans). However if I am booking budged accomodation, I use hostelworld because its more catered to backpackers and cheaper hostels.

For flights I love skyscanner.com because it compares SO many airlines and gives you the option to search by month instead of just exact dates. That way you can see the cheapest days per month (or even year) if you have flexible travel dates. Most other websites just let you search +/- 3 days. However, skyscanner doesn’t show some airlines like southwest for example, so its always good to check other sites as well. I like to start with skyscanner then head to kayak or orbitz to double check because they also compare a lot of airlines.

#14797 Reply
    Debora Aberastury
    Participant

I really like using skyscanner as well. A few other of my go-to sites: Kayak, Priceline and Orbitz. Sometimes I do use Kiwi.com, but you have to be super careful since a lot of their flights are a combination of airlines. I really do like their map, though, since it gives you a visual of when it’s worth flying. I also look at Hopper which also gives you predictions as well. If I know that a cheap airline likely offers the city I want to go to – like Ryanair or Southwest – I go directly to their website. It’s normally cheaper or as cheap as the third party websites.

#14836 Reply
    Sharon Zhang

I book flights on Student Universe-quite convenient for me to check available flights. For hotels, I go to booking.com and Airbnb for affordable hotels and houses. They are very friendly to travelers and students. Don’t forget to take a look on previous reviews before booking your hotel.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: What are your favorite travel sites you use to book for hotels, flights, etc.?
Your information: