What is the one thing you always take when traveling, and why?

Home Forums General Study Abroad Forum What is the one thing you always take when traveling, and why?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

You know what I mean. You are on your way out to the airport. What is that one essential that cannot be missing from your luggage on the way out.

Bonus points for pictures.

#2064 Reply
    Danielle wilkinson

I always take my computer with me because it’s basically my life. I download all of the pictures from my phone to make computer, it has all of my music and I’m working on a novel right now so it’s holding that as well. Plus I just really like being able to access my favorite sites sich as facebook, Pinterest and YouTube wherever I am.

#2083 Reply
    Kelsey Boeshore

Besides the obvious (passport), the one thing I always make sure I have is my debit or credit card. Having access to money is extremely important and if I forget my debit/credit card and run out of cash, it would be very difficult to continue on a trip. Also, I never bring money and change it at airports or at money exchange places…I always take money out at local ATMs with my debit card so that’s another reason it is EXTREMELY important for me to have.

#2084 Reply
    Christina Van Otterloo

To be a bit materialistic and childish, if my stuffed animal Amber the Cat was missing I’d freak out. Aside from that, I’d only freak out if my phone, wallet, and passport were missing. Mainly my passport, since I keep my money split up in different areas in case I lose something. And without my phone I can’t take pictures or easily contact people…

#2085 Reply
    Mary M. Bryan

After experimenting with various travel essentials, my need lies with a sturdy pair of sunglasses. It’s an obvious, yet often overlooked, assistant when hopping from place to place. Not only does the barrier protect my vision and perception from the inside but also adds external mystique–a privacy appreciated wherever I may roam.

#2086 Reply
    Tara Boeshore

One thing I always make sure to have with me while traveling is a copy of my passport and other important documents. I had my passport and other valuables stollen once during a trip to Italy and it would have been much more helpful if I had a copy of my passport to show at the consulate. You never know what can happen and it’s always important to have copies of any important documents you are taking with you while traveling.

#2090 Reply
    Sabella

When traveling through airports I always a good sized carry-on with me, with enough items to last me a day or two. Usually toiletries a snack & a change of clothes Ofcourse my wallet and passport in it as well. Having a large bag with you isn’t always ideal but you never know what can happen to your luggage so I always make sure a have a good travel bag always on me. 🙂

#2091 Reply
    Jen Nieves

I always make sure I have my camera and tripod with me whenever I travel. I photography and I like being able to show people what is out there. Its also nice to have something to look back at years later. Having a camera with me is always my number one priority.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: What is the one thing you always take when traveling, and why?
Your information: